- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
—n. - a spun-out cotton, silk, or glass etc.; yarn. B length of this.
- thin cord of twisted yarns used esp. In sewing and weaving.
- continuous aspect of a thing (the thread of life; thread of his argument).
- spiral ridge of a screw. —v. - pass a thread through (a needle).
- put (beads) on a thread.
- insert (a strip of material, e.g. Film or magnetic tape) into equipment.
- make (one's way) carefully through a crowded place, over a difficult route, etc. [old english: related to *throw]
n. - declaration of an intention to punish or hurt if an order etc. Is not obeyed.
- indication of something undesirable coming (threat of war).
- person or thing as a likely cause of harm etc. [old english]
v. - beat out or separate grain from (corn etc.).
- = *thrash v. 4. thresher n. [old english]
adv. Archaic or literary 1 three times.
- (esp. In comb.) Highly (thrice-blessed). [related to *three]
n. - frugality; careful use of money etc.
- the sea pink. [old norse: related to *thrive]
—n. - wave or nervous tremor of emotion or sensation (a thrill of joy).
- throb, pulsation. —v. - (cause to) feel a thrill.
- quiver or throb with or as with emotion. [old english, = pierce: related to *through]
n. (pl. Same) an insect harmful to plants. [greek, = woodworm]
v. (-ving; past throve or thrived; past part. Thriven or thrived) 1 prosper, flourish.
- grow rich.
- (of a child, animal, or plant) grow vigorously. [old norse]
n. - a windpipe or gullet. B front part of the neck containing this.
- literary narrow passage, entrance, or exit. cut one's own throat harm oneself or one's interests. Ram (or thrust) down a person's throat force on a person's attention. [old english]
—n. - chair of state for a sovereign or bishop etc.
- sovereign power (came to the throne). —v. (-ning) enthrone. [greek thronos]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.