- Doctor, doctor! I"ve had a sore stomach ever since I ate three crabs last week.
- Did they smell bad when you took them out of their shells?
- What do you mean "took them out of their shells"?
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
n. - glittering metallic strips, threads, etc., used as decoration.
- superficial brilliance or splendour.
- (attrib.) Gaudy, flashy. tinselled adj. Tinselly adj. [latin scintilla spark]
n. Hint or warning etc.
n. (often attrib.) Road haulage vehicle that tips at the back to discharge its load.
n. - long piece of fur etc. Worn by a woman round the shoulders.
- similar garment worn by judges, clergy, etc. [probably from *tip1]
—v. (-ling) 1 drink intoxicating liquor habitually.
- drink (liquor) repeatedly in small amounts. —n. Colloq. Alcoholic drink. tippler n. [origin unknown]
—n. The tips of the toes. —v. (-toes, -toed, -toeing) walk on tiptoe, or very stealthily. —adv. (also on tiptoe) with the heels off the ground.
colloq. —adj. Highest in excellence. —n. Highest point of excellence. —adv. Most excellently.
n. Long vehement denunciation or declamation. [french from italian]
n. - any of the coherent collections of specialized cells of which animals or plants are made (muscular tissue).
- = *tissue-paper.
- disposable piece of thin soft absorbent paper for wiping, drying, etc.
- fine woven esp. Gauzy fabric.
- (foll. By of) connected series (tissue of lies). [french tissu woven cloth]
n. (us tidbit) 1 dainty morsel.
- piquant item of news etc. [perhaps from dial. Tid tender]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Camel"s milk does not curdle.