A small child met his new teacher for the first time.
“Are you good?” asked the teacher.
“I am the sort of boy my mummy tells me not to play with.”
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
—n. (often foll. By of) crowd, esp. Of people. —v. - come in great numbers (crowds thronged to the stadium).
- flock into or crowd round; fill with or as with a crowd. [old english]
past of *thrive.
past part of *throw.
n. Any of various songbirds, esp. The song thrush and mistle thrush. [old english]
- n. - fungous disease, esp. Of children, affecting the mouth and throat.
- similar disease of the vagina. [origin unknown]
—v. (past and past part. Thrust) 1 push with a sudden impulse or with force.
- (foll. By on) impose (a thing) forcibly; enforce acceptance of (a thing).
- (foll. By at, through) pierce, stab; lunge suddenly.
- make (one's way) forcibly.
- (as thrusting adj.) Aggressive, ambitious. —n. - sudden or forcible push or lunge.
- propulsive force produced by a jet or rocket engine.
- strong attempt to penetrate an enemy's line or territory.
- remark aimed at a person.
- stress between the parts of an arch etc.
- (often foll. By of) chief theme or gist of remarks etc. [old norse]
—v. Hit with a heavy blow. —n. Heavy blow. [imitative]
—v. Frustrate or foil (a person, plan, etc.). —n. Rower's seat. [old norse, = across]
n. Antiseptic obtained from oil of thyme.
n. (pl. Thymi) lymphoid organ situated in the neck of vertebrates. [greek]
n. Colloq. - heart.
- us = *tape machine 1.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.