A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - rock containing much iron.
- a kind of hard white pottery. IRONWORKS
n. (as sing. Or pl.) Factory where iron is smelted or iron goods are made.
v. (-ting) 1 subject to radiation.
- shine upon; light up. - throw light on (a subject). irradiation n. [latin irradio shine on, from radius ray] IRREGULAR
—adj. - not regular; unsymmetrical, uneven; varying in form.
- not occurring at regular intervals. - contrary to a rule, principle, or custom; abnormal. - (of troops) not belonging to the regular army. - (of a verb, noun, etc.) Not inflected according to the usual rules. - disorderly. —n. (in pl.) Irregular troops. irregularity n. (pl. -ies). Irregularly adv. IRRITABLE
adj. - easily annoyed.
- (of an organ etc.) Very sensitive to contact. irritability n. Irritably adv. [latin: related to *irritate] ISINGLASS
n. - gelatin obtained from fish, esp. Sturgeon, and used in making jellies, glue, etc.
- mica. [dutch huisenblas sturgeon's bladder] ISOMETRIC
adj. - of equal measure.
- (of muscle action) developing tension while the muscle is prevented from contracting. - (of a drawing etc.) With the plane of projection at equal angles to the three principal axes of the object shown. [greek isometria equality of measure] ISOSCELES
adj. (of a triangle) having two sides equal. [from *iso-, greek skelos leg]
adj. Having the same physical properties in all directions. isotropy n. [from *iso-, greek tropos turn]
n. Hist. Native of ancient israel; jew. [hebrew]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.