At a local coffee bar, a young woman was expounding on her idea of the perfect mate to some of her friends.
"The man I marry must be a shining light amongst company. He must be musical. Tell jokes. Sing. And stay home at night!"
An old granny overheard and spoke up, "Honey, if that"s all you want, get a TV!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ting) 1 light up; make bright.
- decorate (buildings etc.) With lights. - decorate (a manuscript etc.) With gold, colour, etc. - help to explain (a subject etc.). - enlighten spiritually or intellectually. - shed lustre on. illuminating adj. Illumination n. Illuminative adj. [latin lumen light] ILLUSTRATE
v. (-ting) 1 a provide (a book etc.) With pictures. B elucidate by drawings, pictures, examples, etc.
- serve as an example of. illustrator n. [latin lustro light up] IMMACULATE
adj. - perfectly clean and tidy.
- perfect (immaculate timing). - innocent, faultless. immaculately adv. Immaculateness n. [latin: related to *in-1, macula spot] - conception n. Rc ch. Doctrine that the virgin mary was without original sin from conception. IMMATERIAL
adj. - unimportant; irrelevant.
- not material; incorporeal. immateriality n. IMMEMORIAL
adj. Ancient beyond memory or record (from time immemorial).
adj. (often foll. By with) not able to be mixed. immiscibility n.
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 make or keep immobile.
- keep (a limb or patient) still for healing purposes. immobilization n. IMMODERATE
adj. Excessive; lacking moderation. immoderately adv.
n. The study of immunity. immunological adj. Immunologist n.
adj. - not easily grasped by the mind; intangible.
- imperceptible to the touch. - (of powder) very fine. impalpability n. Impalpably adv.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.