Tom had won a toy at a raffle. He called his kids together to ask which one should have the present.
“Who is the most obedient?” he asked. “Who never talks back to mother? Who does everything she says?”
Five small voices answered in unison. “Okay, dad, you get the toy.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Colloq. Light refreshment taken at about 11 a.m.
- n. Colloq. Light refreshment taken at about 11 a.m. ELIMINATE
v. (-ting) 1 remove, get rid of.
- exclude from consideration. - exclude from a further stage of a competition through defeat etc. elimination n. Eliminator n. [latin limen limin- threshold] (-ting) 1 remove, get rid of. - exclude from consideration. - exclude from a further stage of a competition through defeat etc. elimination n. Eliminator n. [latin limen limin- threshold] ELLIPSOID
n. Solid of which all the plane sections through one axis are circles and all the other plane sections are ellipses.
n. Art of clear and expressive speech. [latin loquor speak]
n. Fluent and effective use of language. [latin loquor speak]
adv. In or to some other place.
v. (-ting) throw light on; explain. elucidation n. Elucidatory adj. [latin: related to *lucid]
v. - make (a person) feel awkward or ashamed.
- (as embarrassed adj.) Encumbered with debts. - encumber. embarrassment n. [italian imbarrare bar in] EMBATTLED
adj. - prepared or arrayed for battle.
- fortified with battlements. - under heavy attack or in trying circumstances. EMBELLISH
v. - beautify, adorn.
- enhance with fictitious additions. embellishment n. [french bel, *beau]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.