A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - law enacted.
- process of enacting. ENCAUSTIC
—adj. (of painting etc.) Using pigments mixed with hot wax, which are burned in as an inlay. —n. - art of encaustic painting.
- product of this. [greek: related to *caustic] ENCHANTER
n. (fem. Enchantress) person who enchants, esp. By using magic.
n. - act of enclosing.
- enclosed space or area, esp. At a sporting event. - thing enclosed with a letter. [french: related to *enclose] ENCOMPASS
v. - contain; include.
- surround. ENCOUNTER
—v. - meet unexpectedly.
- meet as an adversary. —n. Meeting by chance or in conflict. [latin contra against] ENCOURAGE
v. (-ging) 1 give courage or confidence to.
- urge. - promote. encouragement n. [french: related to *en-1] ENDEAVOUR
(us endeavor) —v. (foll. By to + infin.) Try earnestly. —n. Earnest attempt. [from *en-1, french devoir owe]
adj. (of a gland) secreting directly into the blood. [greek krino sift]
n. Person with a soft round body. [greek morphe form]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.