n. (foll. By to) 1 exposing or being exposed.
- physical condition resulting from being exposed to the elements.
- photog. A exposing a film etc. To the light. B duration of this. C section of film etc. Affected by it.
var. Of *espresso.
family n. Family including relatives living near.
—adj. - of or on the outer side.
- coming from outside. —n. - outward aspect or surface of a building etc.
- outward demeanour.
- outdoor scene in filming. [latin]
—adj. - a of or on the outside or visible part. B coming from the outside or an outside source.
- relating to a country's foreign affairs.
- outside the conscious subject (the external world).
- (of medicine etc.) For use on the outside of the body.
- for students taking the examinations of a university without attending it. —n. (in pl.) 1 outward features or aspect.
- external circumstances.
- inessentials. externality n. Externally adv. [latin externus outer]
n. Lens to assist defective sight.
n. Cosmetic applied as a line round the eye.
n. Lens or lenses to which the eye is applied at the end of an optical instrument.
n. Device to protect the eyes, esp. From strong light.
n. Faculty or power of seeing.