Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-sing) 1 rub out; obliterate.
- remove all traces of. - remove recorded material from (magnetic tape or disk). [latin rado ras- scrape] ERECT
—adj. - upright, vertical.
- (of the penis etc.) Enlarged and rigid, esp. In sexual excitement. - (of hair) bristling. —v. - set up; build. - establish. erection n. Erectly adv. Erectness n. [latin erigere erect- set up] ERGOT
n. Disease of rye etc. Caused by a fungus. [french]
n. Device for drawing prize-winning numbers of premium bonds. [electronic random number indicator equipment]
v. (-ding) wear away, destroy gradually. erosion n. Erosive adj. [latin rodo ros- gnaw]
n. - mistake.
- condition of being morally wrong (led into error). 3 degree of inaccuracy in a calculation etc. (2% error). [latin: related to *err] ERUPT
v. - break out suddenly or dramatically.
- (of a volcano) eject lava etc. - (of a rash etc.) Appear on the skin. eruption n. Eruptive adj. [latin erumpo erupt- break out] ESQUE
suffix forming adjectives meaning ‘in the style of’ or ‘resembling’ (kafkaesque). [french from latin -iscus]
—n. - short piece of writing on a given subject.
- (often foll. By at, in) formal attempt. —v. Attempt. essayist n. [latin exigo weigh: cf. *assay] ESTER
n. Chem. A compound produced by replacing the hydrogen of an acid by an organic radical. [german]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Dragonflies have six legs but cannot walk.