It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Coarse corundum for polishing metal etc. [greek smeris polishing powder]
v. (-ting) show excessive emotion.
—adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 containing nothing.
- (of a house etc.) Unoccupied or unfurnished. - (of a vehicle etc.) Without passengers etc. - a hollow, insincere (empty threats). B without purpose (an empty existence). C vacuous (an empty head). - colloq. Hungry. —v. (-ies, -ied) 1 remove the contents of. - (often foll. By into) transfer (contents). - become empty. - (of a river) discharge itself. —n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Empty bottle etc. emptiness n. [old english] ENACT
v. - a ordain, decree. B make (a bill etc.) Law.
- play (a part on stage or in life). enactive adj. ENDOW
v. - bequeath or give a permanent income to (a person, institution, etc.).
- (esp. As endowed adj.) Provide with talent, ability, etc. [anglo-french: related to *dower] ENDUE
v. (also indue) (-dues, -dued, -duing) (foll. By with) provide (a person) with (qualities etc.). [latin induo put on clothes]
n. - introduction of fluid etc. Into the rectum, esp. To flush out its contents.
- fluid etc. Used for this. [greek hiemi send] ENEMY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 person actively hostile to another.
- a (often attrib.) Hostile nation or army. B member of this. - adversary or opponent (enemy of progress). [latin: related to *in-2, amicus friend] ENJOY
v. - take pleasure in.
- have the use or benefit of. - experience (enjoy good health). enjoy oneself experience pleasure. enjoyment n. [french] ENNUI
n. Mental weariness from idleness or lack of interest; boredom. [french: related to *annoy]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee"s head and 2 larger ones in front.