One day Holmes and Watson are flying a dirigible balloon. It is foggy around, they have lost their way. Suddenly they see - a shepherd is grazing sheep below. The men are very glad and shout:
- The dear, tell us, please, where we are now?
- You are in the dirigible balloon.
- I understand... - Holmes says. - We are flying over Russia.
- But why? - Watson is surprised.
- It’s elementary, Buddy! Only a programmer could give such an exact and useless answer at the same time. And only in Russia programmers can look after sheep.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Coarse corundum for polishing metal etc. [greek smeris polishing powder]
v. (-ting) show excessive emotion.
—adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 containing nothing.
- (of a house etc.) Unoccupied or unfurnished. - (of a vehicle etc.) Without passengers etc. - a hollow, insincere (empty threats). B without purpose (an empty existence). C vacuous (an empty head). - colloq. Hungry. —v. (-ies, -ied) 1 remove the contents of. - (often foll. By into) transfer (contents). - become empty. - (of a river) discharge itself. —n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Empty bottle etc. emptiness n. [old english] ENACT
v. - a ordain, decree. B make (a bill etc.) Law.
- play (a part on stage or in life). enactive adj. ENDOW
v. - bequeath or give a permanent income to (a person, institution, etc.).
- (esp. As endowed adj.) Provide with talent, ability, etc. [anglo-french: related to *dower] ENDUE
v. (also indue) (-dues, -dued, -duing) (foll. By with) provide (a person) with (qualities etc.). [latin induo put on clothes]
n. - introduction of fluid etc. Into the rectum, esp. To flush out its contents.
- fluid etc. Used for this. [greek hiemi send] ENEMY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 person actively hostile to another.
- a (often attrib.) Hostile nation or army. B member of this. - adversary or opponent (enemy of progress). [latin: related to *in-2, amicus friend] ENJOY
v. - take pleasure in.
- have the use or benefit of. - experience (enjoy good health). enjoy oneself experience pleasure. enjoyment n. [french] ENNUI
n. Mental weariness from idleness or lack of interest; boredom. [french: related to *annoy]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.