A drummer, sick of all the drummer jokes, decides to change his instrument. After some thought, he decides on the accordion.
So he goes to the music store and says to the owner, "I"d like to look at the accordions, please."
The owner gestures to a shelf in the corner and says, "All our accordions are over there."
After browsing, the drummer says, "I think I"d like the big red one in the corner."
The store owner looks at him and says, "You"re a drummer, aren"t you?"
The drummer, crestfallen, says, "How did you know?"
The store owner says, "That "big red accordion" is the radiator."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Coarse corundum for polishing metal etc. [greek smeris polishing powder]
v. (-ting) show excessive emotion.
—adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 containing nothing.
- (of a house etc.) Unoccupied or unfurnished. - (of a vehicle etc.) Without passengers etc. - a hollow, insincere (empty threats). B without purpose (an empty existence). C vacuous (an empty head). - colloq. Hungry. —v. (-ies, -ied) 1 remove the contents of. - (often foll. By into) transfer (contents). - become empty. - (of a river) discharge itself. —n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Empty bottle etc. emptiness n. [old english] ENACT
v. - a ordain, decree. B make (a bill etc.) Law.
- play (a part on stage or in life). enactive adj. ENDOW
v. - bequeath or give a permanent income to (a person, institution, etc.).
- (esp. As endowed adj.) Provide with talent, ability, etc. [anglo-french: related to *dower] ENDUE
v. (also indue) (-dues, -dued, -duing) (foll. By with) provide (a person) with (qualities etc.). [latin induo put on clothes]
n. - introduction of fluid etc. Into the rectum, esp. To flush out its contents.
- fluid etc. Used for this. [greek hiemi send] ENEMY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 person actively hostile to another.
- a (often attrib.) Hostile nation or army. B member of this. - adversary or opponent (enemy of progress). [latin: related to *in-2, amicus friend] ENJOY
v. - take pleasure in.
- have the use or benefit of. - experience (enjoy good health). enjoy oneself experience pleasure. enjoyment n. [french] ENNUI
n. Mental weariness from idleness or lack of interest; boredom. [french: related to *annoy]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.