A woman entered a fruit store and said to the clerk, "I want to purchase some fruit for my sick husband."
"We have some very nice sweet cherries on sale for a dollar a box," said the clerk.
She looked them over and decided to take a box. Handing them to the clerk she added, "Have they been sprayed with poison?"
Replied the clerk, "No ma’am. You will have to purchase that at the drug store."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
unit n. Unit for measuring heat.
- —adj. - of, for, or producing heat. - promoting the retention of heat (thermal underwear). —n. Rising current of warm air (used by gliders etc. To gain height). thermally adv. [french: related to *therm] THERMOS
n. (in full thermos flask) propr. Vacuum flask. [greek: related to *thermo-]
v. - make or become thick or thicker.
- become more complicated (plot thickens). thickener n. THICKET
n. Tangle of shrubs or trees. [old english: related to *thick]
n. Metal or plastic cap worn to protect the finger and push the needle in sewing. [old english: related to *thumb]
n. - person who thinks, esp. In a specified way (an original thinker).
- person with a skilled or powerful mind. THINNER
n. Solvent for diluting paint etc.
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 feeling thirst.
- (of land, a season, etc.) Dry or parched. - (often foll. By for or after) eager. - colloq. Causing thirst (thirsty work). thirstily adv. Thirstiness n. [old english: related to *thirst] THISTLE
n. - prickly plant, usu. With globular heads of purple flowers.
- this as the scottish national emblem. [old english] THISTLY
adj. Overgrown with thistles.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.