- My father had two horses that looked so much alike that he measured them so he could tell them apart.
- Did that help?
- It sure did. He found that the white one was 6 inches shorter than the black one.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Tract of land, esp. In geographical or military contexts. [latin: related to *terrene]
adj. - of the earth; worldly.
- of earth, earthy. - terrestrial. [latin terrenus from terra earth] TERRIER
n. Small dog of various breeds originally used for digging out foxes etc. [french chien terrier dog that chases to earth]
v. (-ies, -ied) fill with terror (terrified of dogs). terrifying adj. Terrifyingly adv.
n. - pAte or similar food.
- earthenware vessel, esp. For pAte. [latin terra earth] TESSERA
n. (pl. Tesserae) small square block used in mosaic. [latin from greek]
—adj. Having left a valid will at death. —n. Testate person. testacy n. (pl. -ies). [latin testor testify, from testis witness]
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 (often foll. By to) (of a person or thing) bear witness; be evidence of (testified to the facts).
- give evidence. - affirm or declare. [latin testificor from testis witness] TETANUS
n. Bacterial disease causing painful spasm of the voluntary muscles. [greek teino stretch]
—n. - (often in pl.) Fabric, cloth, or fibrous material, esp. Woven.
- fibre, yarn. —adj. - of weaving or cloth (textile industry). - woven (textile fabrics). [latin: related to *text]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.