An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - implement used to carry out mechanical functions by hand or by machine.
- thing used in an occupation or pursuit (tools of one's trade). - person merely used by another. - coarse slang penis. —v. - dress (stone) with a chisel. - impress a design on (leather). - (foll. By along, around, etc.) Slang drive or ride, esp. In a casual or leisurely manner. [old english] TOOT
—n. Short sharp sound as made by a trumpet. —v. - sound (a trumpet etc.) With a short sharp sound.
- give out such a sound. [probably imitative] TOPE
v. (-ping) archaic or literary drink alcohol to excess, esp. Habitually. toper n. [origin uncertain]
n. (also topee) (pl. -s) hat, esp. A sola topi. [hindi, = hat]
past of *tear1.
past part. Of *tear1.
n. (pl. Same) unit of pressure equal to 133.32 pascals (1/760 of one atmosphere). [torricelli, name of a physicist]
n. Law breach of duty (other than under contract) leading to liability for damages. tortious adj. [latin torqueo tort- twist]
—n. (pl. -ies) 1 colloq. = *conservative n. 2.
- hist. Member of the party that gave rise to the conservative party (opp. *whig). —adj. Colloq. = *conservative adj. 3. toryism n. [originally = irish outlaw] TOSA
n. Dog of a breed of mastiff, orig. Kept for dog-fighting. [japanese]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.