Night. A sleeping couple is lying in a bed. Door bell rings. A couple wakes up. Woman: "Quick! My husband is back!" Man jumps out from a window. Flying down he starts to think: "Shit! But I am the husband!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
line n. = *timberline.
- ring n. Ring in a cross-section of a tree, from one year's growth. - surgeon n. Person who treats decayed trees in order to preserve them. - —n. - perennial plant with a woody self-supporting main stem or trunk and usu. Unbranched for some distance above the ground. - piece or frame of wood etc. For various purposes (shoe-tree). - = *family tree. —v. (trees; treed) force to take refuge in a tree. TREK
orig. S.afr. —v. (-kk-) 1 travel or make one's way arduously.
- esp. Hist. Migrate or journey with one's belongings by ox-wagon. —n. - a long or arduous journey or walk (quite a trek to the launderette). B each stage of this. - organized migration of a body of people. trekker n. [dutch, = draw] TRIG
n. Colloq. Trigonometry. [abbreviation]
- point n. Reference point on high ground, used in triangulation. TRIM
—v. (-mm-) 1 a make neat or of the required size or form, esp. By cutting away irregular or unwanted parts. B set in good order.
- (foll. By off, away) cut off (unwanted parts). - ornament, decorate. - adjust the balance of (a ship or aircraft) by arranging its cargo etc. - arrange (sails) to suit the wind. - a associate oneself with currently prevailing views, esp. To advance oneself. B hold a middle course in politics or opinion. - colloq. A rebuke sharply. B thrash. C get the better of in a bargain etc. —n. - state of readiness or fitness (in perfect trim). - ornament or decorative material. - trimming of a person's hair. —adj. (trimmer, trimmest) 1 neat or spruce. - in good order; well arranged or equipped. [old english, = make firm] TRIO
n. (pl. -s) 1 group of three.
- mus. A composition for three performers. B the performers. [french and italian from latin] TRIP
—v. (-pp-) 1 a (often foll. By up) (cause to) stumble, esp. By catching the feet. B (foll. By up) (cause to) make a slip or blunder.
- a move with quick light steps. B (of a rhythm etc.) Run lightly. - make an excursion to a place. - a operate (a mechanism) suddenly by knocking aside a catch etc. B automatically cut out. - slang have a hallucinatory experience caused by a drug. —n. - journey or excursion, esp. For pleasure. - a stumble or blunder. B tripping or being tripped up. - nimble step. - slang drug-induced hallucinatory experience. - device for tripping a mechanism etc. [dutch trippen skip, hop] TROD
past and past part. Of *tread.
suffix physics forming nouns denoting: 1 elementary particle (positron).
- particle accelerator. [from *electron] TROT
n. Colloq. Usu. Derog. Trotskyite. [abbreviation]
- —v. (-tt-) 1 (of a person) run at a moderate pace. - (of a horse) proceed at a steady pace faster than a walk, lifting each diagonal pair of legs alternately. - colloq. Walk, go. - cause (a horse or person) to trot. - traverse (a distance) at a trot. —n. - action or exercise of trotting (proceed at a trot; went for a trot). - (the trots) slang diarrhoea. on the trot colloq. - in succession (six days on the trot). - continually busy (kept me on the trot). Trot out 1 colloq. Introduce (an opinion etc.) Tediously or repeatedly. - cause (a horse) to trot to show his paces. [french] TROY
n. (in full troy weight) system of weights used for precious metals and gems, with a pound of 12 ounces or 5,760 grains; 1 oz. Troy = 31.1035 g. [probably troyes in france]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A South African monkey was once awarded a medal and promoted to the rank of corporal during World War I.