In a psychiatrist’s waiting room two patients are having a conversation.
One says to the other, "Why are you here?"
The second answers, "I’m Napoleon, so the doctor told me to come here."
The first is curious and asks, "How do you know that you’re Napoleon?"
The second responds, "God told me I was."
At this point, a patient on the other side of the room shouts, "NO I DIDN’T!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adv. - by preference (would rather not go).
- (usu. Foll. By than) more truly; as a more likely alternative (is stupid rather than dishonest). - more precisely (a book, or rather, a pamphlet). - slightly, to some extent (became rather drunk). - (as an emphatic response) assuredly (did you like it? – rather!). had rather would rather. [old english comparative of rathe early] RATIFY
v. (-ies, -ied) confirm or accept (an agreement made in one's name) by formal consent, signature, etc. ratification n. [medieval latin: related to *rate1]
n. - placing in a rank or class.
- estimated standing of a person as regards credit etc. - non-commissioned sailor. - amount fixed as a local rate. - relative popularity of a broadcast programme as determined by the estimated size of the audience. RATION
—n. - official allowance of food, clothing, etc., in a time of shortage.
- (usu. In pl.) Fixed daily allowance of food, esp. In the armed forces. —v. - limit (persons or provisions) to a fixed ration. - (usu. Foll. By out) share out (food etc.) In fixed quantities. [latin: related to *ratio] RATTAN
n. - climbing palm with long thin jointed pliable stems, used for furniture etc.
- piece of rattan stem used as a walking-stick etc. [malay] RATTAT
n. (also rat-tat-tat, ratatat, rat-a-tat) rapping sound, esp. Of a knocker. [imitative]
—v. (-ling) 1 a give out a rapid succession of short sharp hard sounds. B cause to do this. C cause such sounds by shaking something.
- (often foll. By along) a move with a rattling noise. B move or travel briskly. - a (usu. Foll. By off) say or recite rapidly. B (usu. Foll. By on) talk in a lively thoughtless way. - colloq. Disconcert, alarm. —n. - rattling sound. - device or plaything made to rattle. rattly adj. [probably low german or dutch] RAVAGE
—v. (-ging) devastate, plunder. —n. - devastation.
- (usu. In pl.; foll. By of) destructive effect. [french alteration from ravine rush of water] RAVINE
n. Deep narrow gorge. [latin: related to *rapine]
—n. (usu. In pl.) Wild or delirious talk. —adj. & adv. Colloq. As an intensifier (a raving beauty; raving mad).
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The abdomen of the ant contains two stomachs. One stomach holds the food for itself and second stomach is for food to be shared with other ants.