One day Holmes and Watson are flying a dirigible balloon. It is foggy around, they have lost their way. Suddenly they see - a shepherd is grazing sheep below. The men are very glad and shout:
- The dear, tell us, please, where we are now?
- You are in the dirigible balloon.
- I understand... - Holmes says. - We are flying over Russia.
- But why? - Watson is surprised.
- It’s elementary, Buddy! Only a programmer could give such an exact and useless answer at the same time. And only in Russia programmers can look after sheep.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Chief monetary unit of india, pakistan, etc. [hindustani]
adj. In, of, or suggesting the country (rural seclusion). [latin rus rur- the country]
- dean see *dean1. - district n. Hist. Group of country parishes with an elected council. RUSSO
comb. Form russian; russian and.
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 rusted or affected by rust.
- stiff with age or disuse. - (of knowledge etc.) Impaired, esp. By neglect (my french is rusty). - rust-coloured. - (of black clothes) discoloured by age. rustiness n. RABBET
—n. Step-shaped channel cut along the edge or face of a length of wood etc., usu. To receive the edge or tongue of another piece. —v. (-t-) 1 join or fix with a rabbet.
- make a rabbet in. [french rab(b)at: related to *rebate1] RABBIT
punch n. Short chop with the edge of the hand to the nape of the neck.
- —n. - a burrowing plant-eating mammal of the hare family. B us hare. - its fur. —v. (-t-) 1 hunt rabbits. - (often foll. By on, away) colloq. Talk pointlessly; chatter. [origin uncertain] RABBLE
n. - disorderly crowd, mob.
- contemptible or inferior set of people. - (prec. By the) the lower or disorderly classes of the populace. [origin uncertain] RABIES
n. Contagious viral disease of esp. Dogs, transmissible through saliva to humans etc. And causing madness; hydrophobia. [latin: related to *rabid]
n. Flower cluster with separate flowers attached by short stalks at equal distances along the stem. [latin racemus grape-bunch]
adj. - of or concerning race.
- on the grounds of or connected with difference in race. racially adv.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.