Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.
"It"s just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
car n. Motor car built for racing.
- driver n. Driver of a racing car. RACISM
n. - belief in the superiority of a particular race; prejudice based on this.
- antagonism towards other races. racist n. & adj. RACKET
n. (also racquet) 1 bat with a round or oval frame strung with catgut, nylon, etc., used in tennis, squash, etc.
- (in pl.) Game like squash, played in a court of four plain walls. [french raquette from arabic rahat palm of the hand] - n. - disturbance, uproar, din. - slang a scheme for obtaining money etc. By dishonest means. B dodge; sly game. - colloq. Line of business. [perhaps imitative] RACOON
n. (also raccoon) (pl. Same or -s) 1 n. American mammal with a bushy tail and sharp snout.
- its fur. [algonquian] RADDLE
—n. Red ochre. —v. (-ling) 1 colour with raddle or too much rouge.
- (as raddled adj.) Worn out. [related to *ruddy] RADIAL
—adj. - of or in rays.
- a arranged like rays or radii. B having spokes or radiating lines. C acting or moving along lines diverging from a centre. - (in full radial-ply) (of a tyre) having fabric layers arranged radially and the tread strengthened. —n. Radial-ply tyre. radially adv. [medieval latin: related to *radius] RADIAN
n. Si unit of angle, equal to an angle at the centre of a circle the arc of which is equal in length to the radius (1 radian is approx. 57°).
n. - plant with a fleshy pungent root.
- this root, eaten esp. Raw. [latin *radix] RADIUM
n. Radioactive metallic element orig. Obtained from pitchblende etc., used esp. In radiotherapy.
n. (pl. Radii or radiuses) 1 a straight line from the centre to the circumference of a circle or sphere. B length of this.
- distance from a centre (within a radius of 20 miles). - a thicker and shorter of the two bones in the human forearm. B corresponding bone in a vertebrate's foreleg or a bird's wing. [latin]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.