Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn’t control himself during a lineup.
When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words, “Give me all your money or I’ll shoot,”
the man shouted, “That’s not what I said!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. - archaic rape (a woman).
- enrapture. ravishment n. [latin: related to *rape1] READER
n. - person who reads.
- book intended to give reading practice, esp. In a foreign language. - device for producing an image that can be read from microfilm etc. - (also reader) university lecturer of the highest grade below professor. - publisher's employee who reports on submitted manuscripts. - printer's proof-corrector. - person appointed to read aloud, esp. In church. REALLY
adv. - in reality.
- very (really useful). - indeed, i assure you. - expression of mild protest or surprise. REALTY
n. Real estate.
n. - person who reaps.
- reaping machine. - (the reaper or grim reaper) death personified. REASON
—n. - motive, cause, or justification.
- fact adduced or serving as this. - intellectual faculty by which conclusions are drawn from premisses. - sanity (lost his reason). - sense; sensible conduct; what is right, practical, or practicable; moderation. —v. - form or try to reach conclusions by connected thought. - (foll. By with) use argument with (a person) by way of persuasion. - (foll. By that) conclude or assert in argument. - (foll. By into, out of) persuade or move by argument. - (foll. By out) think out (consequences etc.). - (often as reasoned adj.) Express in a logical way. - embody reason in (an amendment etc.). by reason of owing to. In (or within) reason within the bounds of moderation. With reason justifiably. [latin ratio] REBATE
n. - partial refund.
- deduction from a sum to be paid; discount. [french rabattre: related to *re-, *abate] - n. & v. (-ting) = *rabbet. REBIND
v. (past and past part. Rebound) bind (esp. A book) again or differently.
v. (often absol.) Computing boot up (a system) again.
—n. - rejection of one who makes advances, proffers help, shows interest, makes a request, etc.
- snub. —v. Give a rebuff to. [french from italian]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar bears are left handed.