A woman entered a fruit store and said to the clerk, "I want to purchase some fruit for my sick husband."
"We have some very nice sweet cherries on sale for a dollar a box," said the clerk.
She looked them over and decided to take a box. Handing them to the clerk she added, "Have they been sprayed with poison?"
Replied the clerk, "No ma’am. You will have to purchase that at the drug store."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
brackets n.pl. Brackets of the form ( ).
- dance n. Dance in which couples move in circles or dancers form one large circle. - robin n. - petition, esp. With signatures in a circle to conceal the order of writing. - us tournament in which each competitor plays every other. - table n. - international charitable association. - (round table) assembly for discussion, esp. At a conference (often attrib.: round-table talks). - trip n. Trip to one or more places and back again. - —adj. - shaped like a circle, sphere, or cylinder; convex; circular, curved, not angular. - done with or involving circular motion. - entire, continuous, complete (round dozen). - candid, outspoken. - (usu. Attrib.) (of a number) expressed for brevity as a complete number (£297.32, or in round figures £300). - (of a voice, style, etc.) Flowing, sonorous. —n. - round object or form. - a revolving motion or course (yearly round). B recurring series of activities, meetings, etc. (continuous round of pleasure; round of talks). - a fixed route for deliveries (milk round). B route etc. For supervision or inspection (watchman's round; doctor's rounds). - drink etc. For each member of a group. - a one bullet, shell, etc. B act of firing this. - a slice from a loaf of bread. B sandwich made from two slices. C joint of beef from the haunch. - set, series, or sequence of actions in turn, esp.: a one spell of play in a game etc. B one stage in a competition. - golf playing of all the holes in a course once. - song for unaccompanied voices overlapping at intervals. 10 rung of a ladder. 11 (foll. By of) circumference or extent of (in all the round of nature). —adv. - with circular motion (wheels go round). ROUSE
v. (-sing) 1 (cause to) wake.
- (often foll. By up, often refl.) Stir up, make or become active or excited (was roused to protest). - anger (terrible when roused). - evoke (feelings). [origin unknown] ROUTE
march n. Training-march for troops.
- —n. Way or course taken (esp. Regularly) from one place to another. —v. (-teing) send, forward, or direct by a particular route. [french route road, from latin rupta (via)] ROVER
- n. Pirate. [low german or dutch] ROWAN
n. (in full rowan-tree) 1 scot. & n.engl. Mountain ash.
- (in full rowan-berry) its scarlet berry. [scandinavian] ROWDY
—adj. (-ier, -iest) noisy and disorderly. —n. (pl. -ies) rowdy person. rowdily adv. Rowdiness n. Rowdyism n. [origin unknown]
n. Spiked revolving disc at the end of a spur. [latin rotella diminutive: related to *rota]
blue adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) deep vivid blue.
- british legion n. National association of ex-members of the armed forces, founded in 1921. - commission n. Commission of inquiry appointed by the crown at the request of government. - family n. Family of a sovereign. - flush n. Straight poker flush headed by an ace. - icing n. Hard white icing for cakes. - jelly n. Substance secreted by worker bees and fed by them to future queen bees. - marine n. British marine (see *marine n. 1). - navy n. British navy. - warrant n. Warrant authorizing a tradesperson to supply goods to a specified royal person. - —adj. - of, suited to, or worthy of a king or queen. - in the service or under the patronage of a king or queen. - of the family of a king or queen. - majestic, splendid. - exceptional, first-rate (had a royal time). —n. Colloq. Member of the royal family. royally adv. [latin: related to *regal] - ‘we’ n. Use of ‘we’ instead of ‘i’ by a single person. RSPCA
abbr. Royal society for the prevention of cruelty to animals.
var. Of *rouble.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The erect penis of a blue whale is approximately 9.5 feet long.