As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
comb. Form 1 denoting action back or in return.
- anat. & med. Denoting location behind. [latin] - slang —adj. Reviving or harking back to the past. —n. Retro fashion or style. RETRY
v. (-ies, -ied) try (a defendant or lawsuit) a second or further time.
—v. (-sing) use again. —n. Second or further use. reusable adj.
—v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 have a good time; be extravagantly festive.
- (foll. By in) take keen delight in. —n. (in sing. Or pl.) Revelling. reveller n. Revelry n. (pl. -ies). [latin: related to *rebel] REVUE
n. Entertainment of short usu. Satirical sketches and songs. [french: related to *review]
n. (pl. Same or -s) colloq. Rhinoceros. [abbreviation]
—n. - identity of sound between words or their endings, esp. In verse.
- (in sing. Or pl.) Verse or a poem having rhymes. - use of rhyme. - word providing a rhyme. —v. (-ming) 1 a (of words or lines) produce a rhyme. B (foll. By with) act as or treat (a word) as a rhyme (with another). - make or write rhymes. - put or make (a story etc.) Into rhyme. rhyme or reason sense, logic. [latin: related to *rhythm] RIDER
n. - person who rides (esp. A horse).
- additional remark following a statement, verdict, etc. riderless adj. RIDGE
—n. - line of the junction of two surfaces sloping upwards towards each other (ridge of a roof).
- long narrow hilltop, mountain range, or watershed. - any narrow elevation across a surface. - elongated region of high barometric pressure. - raised strip of esp. Ploughed land. —v. (-ging) mark with ridges. ridgy adj. [old english] RIFLE
—n. - gun with a long rifled barrel, esp. One fired from the shoulder.
- (in pl.) Riflemen. —v. (-ling) make spiral grooves in (a gun, its barrel, or its bore) to make a projectile spin. [french] - v. (-ling) (often foll. By through) 1 search and rob. - carry off as booty. [french]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.