Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -ies) 1 = *residence 1, 2a.
- permanent or regular engagement of a musician, artist, etc., in one place. RESIDUARY
adj. - of the residue of an estate (residuary bequest).
- residual. RESILIENT
adj. - resuming its original shape after compression etc.
- readily recovering from a setback. resilience n. [latin: related to *salient] RESOLUBLE
adj. - that can be resolved.
- (foll. By into) analysable into. [latin: related to *resolve] RESTRAINT
n. - restraining or being restrained.
- restraining agency or influence. - moderation; self-control. - reserve of manner. - confinement, esp. Because of insanity. RESULTANT
—adj. Resulting, esp. As the total outcome of more or less opposed forces. —n. Force etc. Equivalent to two or more acting in different directions at the same point.
v. (-cing) 1 lay a new surface on (a road etc.).
- return to the surface. - turn up again. RESURGENT
adj. Rising or arising again. resurgence n. [latin resurgo -surrect- rise again]
v. - colloq. Revive the practice, use, or memory of.
- raise or rise from the dead. [back-formation from *resurrection] RETALIATE
v. (-ting) repay an injury, insult, etc. In kind; attack in return. retaliation n. Retaliatory adj. [latin talis such]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Camel"s milk does not curdle.