An English teacher wrote these words on the whiteboard: «woman without her man is nothing». The teacher then asked the students to punctuate the words correctly. The men wrote: «Woman, without her man, is nothing.»The women wrote: «Woman! Without her, man is nothing.»
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -ies) 1 = *residence 1, 2a.
- permanent or regular engagement of a musician, artist, etc., in one place. RESIDUARY
adj. - of the residue of an estate (residuary bequest).
- residual. RESILIENT
adj. - resuming its original shape after compression etc.
- readily recovering from a setback. resilience n. [latin: related to *salient] RESOLUBLE
adj. - that can be resolved.
- (foll. By into) analysable into. [latin: related to *resolve] RESTRAINT
n. - restraining or being restrained.
- restraining agency or influence. - moderation; self-control. - reserve of manner. - confinement, esp. Because of insanity. RESULTANT
—adj. Resulting, esp. As the total outcome of more or less opposed forces. —n. Force etc. Equivalent to two or more acting in different directions at the same point.
v. (-cing) 1 lay a new surface on (a road etc.).
- return to the surface. - turn up again. RESURGENT
adj. Rising or arising again. resurgence n. [latin resurgo -surrect- rise again]
v. - colloq. Revive the practice, use, or memory of.
- raise or rise from the dead. [back-formation from *resurrection] RETALIATE
v. (-ting) repay an injury, insult, etc. In kind; attack in return. retaliation n. Retaliatory adj. [latin talis such]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.