A speeding motorist was caught by radar from a police helicopter in the sky.
An officer pulled him over and began to issue a traffic ticket.
"How did you know I was speeding?" the frustrated driver asked.
The police officer pointed somberly toward the sky.
"You mean," asked the motorist, "that even He is against me?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
officer n. Lowest commissioned rank in the raf.
- —n. - person who operates the controls of an aircraft. - person qualified to take charge of a ship entering or leaving harbour. - (usu. Attrib.) Experimental undertaking or test (pilot scheme). - guide. —v. (-t-) 1 act as a pilot of. - conduct or initiate as a pilot. [greek pedon] PINCH
—v. - a squeeze tightly, esp. Between finger and thumb. B (often absol.) (of a shoe etc.) Constrict painfully.
- (of cold, hunger, etc.) Affect painfully. - slang a steal. B arrest. - (as pinched adj.) (of the features) drawn. - a (usu. Foll. By in, of, for, etc.) Stint. B be niggardly. - (usu. Foll. By out, back, down) remove (leaves, buds, etc.) To encourage bushy growth. —n. - act of pinching. - amount that can be taken up with fingers and thumb (pinch of snuff). - the stress caused by poverty etc. at (or in) a pinch in an emergency. [french pincer] PINKO
adj. (pl. -s) esp. Us slang socialist.
n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Pinafore. [abbreviation]
n. Colloq. Pint of milk. [corruption of pint of]
n. - photograph of a popular or sexually attractive person, hung on the wall.
- person in such a photograph. PIOUS
adj. - devout; religious.
- sanctimonious. - dutiful. piously adv. Piousness n. [latin] PIPER
n. Person who plays a pipe, esp. The bagpipes.
n. Small bird resembling a lark. [imitative]
—v. (piques, piqued, piquing) 1 wound the pride of, irritate.
- arouse (curiosity, interest, etc.). —n. Resentment; hurt pride. [french: related to *piquant]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
An octopus"s testicles are in its head.