The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ting) 1 a water (land) by means of channels etc. B (of a stream etc.) Supply (land) with water.
- supply (a wound etc.) With a constant flow of liquid. irrigable adj. Irrigation n. Irrigator n. [latin rigo moisten] IRRITANT
—adj. Causing irritation. —n. Irritant substance.
v. (-ting) 1 excite to anger; annoy.
- stimulate discomfort in (a part of the body). - biol. Stimulate (an organ) to action. irritating adj. Irritation n. Irritative adj. [latin irrito] ISLANDER
n. Native or inhabitant of an island.
n. Line on a map connecting places with the same temperature. isothermal adj. [from *iso-, greek therme heat]
n. - native or national of iceland.
- person of icelandic descent. ICELANDIC
—adj. Of iceland. —n. Language of iceland.
n. - (in full ichneumon fly) small wasp depositing eggs in or on the larva of another as food for its own larva.
- mongoose noted for destroying crocodile eggs. [greek from ikhnos footstep] IDENTICAL
adj. - (often foll. By with) (of different things) absolutely alike.
- one and the same. - (of twins) developed from a single ovum. identically adv. [latin identicus: related to *identity] IDENTIKIT
n. (often attrib.) Propr. Picture of esp. A wanted suspect assembled from standard components using witnesses' descriptions. [from *identity, *kit]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Monarch butterflies are poisonous.