It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - acting or done rashly or with sudden energy.
- moving forcefully or rapidly. impetuosity n. Impetuously adv. Impetuousness n. [latin: related to *impetus] IMPLEMENT
—n. Tool, instrument, utensil. —v. Put (a decision, plan, contract, etc.) Into effect. implementation n. [latin impleo fulfil]
v. (-ting) 1 (often foll. By in) show (a person) to be involved (in a crime etc.).
- imply. [latin plico fold] IMPOLITIC
adj. Inexpedient, unwise. impoliticly adv.
adj. - (often foll. By to) of great effect or consequence; momentous.
- (of a person) having high rank or authority. - pompous. importance n. Importantly adv. [latin importo carry in, signify] IMPORTUNE
v. (-ning) 1 pester (a person) with requests.
- solicit as a prostitute. IMPOSTURE
n. Fraudulent deception.
adj. Not precise. imprecisely adv. Impreciseness n. Imprecision n.
n. (pl. -ies) 1 wickedness; dishonesty.
- wicked or dishonest act. IMPROMPTU
—adj. & adv. Extempore, unrehearsed. —n. (pl. -s) 1 extempore performance or speech.
- short, usu. Solo, instrumental composition, often improvisatory in style. [french from latin in promptu in readiness]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.