A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Silly writing or talk; nonsense. [earlier twattle, alteration of *tattle]
n. Loudspeaker for high frequencies.
adj. & n. - next after eleventh.
- each of twelve equal parts of a thing. [old english: related to *twelve] - night n. - jan., eve of epiphany. TWIDDLE
—v. (-ling) twirl, adjust, or play randomly or idly. —n. Act of twiddling. twiddle one's thumbs 1 make them rotate round each other.
- have nothing to do. twiddly adj. [probably imitative] TWINKLE
—v. (-ling) 1 (of a star or light etc.) Shine with rapidly intermittent gleams.
- (of the eyes) sparkle. - (of the feet) move lightly and rapidly. —n. - sparkle or gleam of the eyes. - twinkling light. - light rapid movement. in a twinkle (or a twinkling or the twinkling of an eye) in an instant. twinkly adj. [old english] TWISTER
n. Colloq. Swindler.
—v. - (esp. Of a bird) emit a succession of light tremulous sounds.
- utter or express in this way. —n. - act of twittering. - colloq. Tremulously excited state. twittery adj. [imitative] TWOFOLD
adj. & adv. - twice as much or as many.
- consisting of two parts. TWOSOME
n. Two persons together.
n. Dance in march or polka time.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
An octopus"s testicles are in its head.