An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. Colloq. - be unfaithful to (a lover).
- swindle. two-timer n. TWOTONE
adj. Having two colours or sounds.
var. Of *timpani.
n. Parliament of the isle of man. [old norse, = assembly-field]
n. (in full typhoid fever) infectious bacterial fever attacking the intestines.
n. Violent hurricane in e. Asian seas. [chinese, = great wind, and arabic]
adj. - serving as a characteristic example; representative (a typical english pub).
- (often foll. By of) characteristic of a particular person, thing, or type (typical of him to refuse). typicality n. Typically adv. [medieval latin: related to *type] TYRANNY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 cruel and arbitrary use of authority.
- a rule by a tyrant. B period of this. C state ruled by a tyrant. tyrannous adj. [greek: related to *tyrant] TABLETOP
n. Surface of a table.
v. (-ting) arrange (figures or facts) in tabular form. tabulation n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Shrimps" hearts are in their heads.