A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. Esp. Us = *railway. —v. (often foll. By into, through, etc.) Coerce; rush (railroaded into agreeing; railroaded through the cabinet).
n. Waterproof or water-resistant coat.
n. Single drop of rain.
n. - fall of rain.
- quantity of rain falling within a given area in a given time. RAINWEAR
n. Clothes for wearing in the rain.
adj. - wandering.
- disconnected, incoherent. - (of a house, street, etc.) Irregularly arranged. - (of a plant) straggling, climbing. RAMBUTAN
n. - red plum-sized prickly fruit.
- e. Indian tree bearing this. [malay] RATEABLE
adj. (also ratable) liable to rates.
- value n. Value at which a business etc. Is assessed for rates. RATIONAL
adj. - of or based on reason.
- sensible. - endowed with reason. - rejecting what is unreasonable or cannot be tested by reason in religion or custom. - (of a quantity or ratio) expressible as a ratio of whole numbers. rationality n. Rationally adv. [latin: related to *ration] RATSBANE
n. Anything poisonous to rats, esp. A plant.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The pet ferret was domesticated more than 500 years before the house cat.