An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ting) 1 revive from unconsciousness or apparent death.
- revive, restore. resuscitation n. [latin suscito raise] RETRIBUTION
n. Requital, usu. For evil done; vengeance. retributive adj. [latin: related to *tribute]
adj. (esp. Of legislation) effective from a past date.
n. Auxiliary rocket for slowing down a spacecraft etc.
adj. (of the womb) inclined backwards. [latin: related to *retro-, verto turn]
v. Upholster anew.
v. (-ting) 1 (of sound, light, or heat) be returned, echoed, or reflected repeatedly.
- return (a sound etc.) In this way. - (of an event etc.) Produce a continuing effect, shock, etc. reverberant adj. Reverberation n. Reverberative adj. [latin verbero beat] REVERENTIAL
n. Of the nature of, due to, or characterized by reverence. reverentially adv. [medieval latin: related to *reverence]
n. Often derog. Revision or modification of an orthodoxy, esp. Of marxism. revisionist n. & adj.
acid n. Nucleic acid in living cells, involved in protein synthesis. [ribose sugar]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The typical laboratory mouse runs 2.5 miles per night on its treadmill.