Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - obstinately disobedient.
- objecting to restraint. recalcitrance n. [latin recalcitro kick out, from calx heel] RECAPITULATE
v. (-ting) 1 go briefly through again; summarize.
- go over the main points or headings of. [latin: related to *capital] RECEIVERSHIP
n. - office of official receiver.
- state of being dealt with by a receiver (esp. In receivership). RECEPTIONIST
n. Person employed to receive guests, clients, etc.
n. - bond by which a person undertakes before a court or magistrate to observe some condition, e.g. To appear when summoned.
- sum pledged as surety for this. [french: related to *re-] RECOLLECTION
n. - act or power of recollecting.
- thing recollected. - a person's memory. B time over which memory extends (happened within my recollection). [french or medieval latin: related to *recollect] RECONSTITUTE
v. (-ting) 1 reconstruct.
- reorganize. - rehydrate (dried food etc.). reconstitution n. RECORDHOLDER
n. Person who holds a record.
n. Apparatus for reproducing sound from gramophone records.
v. (-ting) distribute again or differently. redistribution n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee"s head and 2 larger ones in front.