An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - obstinately disobedient.
- objecting to restraint. recalcitrance n. [latin recalcitro kick out, from calx heel] RECAPITULATE
v. (-ting) 1 go briefly through again; summarize.
- go over the main points or headings of. [latin: related to *capital] RECEIVERSHIP
n. - office of official receiver.
- state of being dealt with by a receiver (esp. In receivership). RECEPTIONIST
n. Person employed to receive guests, clients, etc.
n. - bond by which a person undertakes before a court or magistrate to observe some condition, e.g. To appear when summoned.
- sum pledged as surety for this. [french: related to *re-] RECOLLECTION
n. - act or power of recollecting.
- thing recollected. - a person's memory. B time over which memory extends (happened within my recollection). [french or medieval latin: related to *recollect] RECONSTITUTE
v. (-ting) 1 reconstruct.
- reorganize. - rehydrate (dried food etc.). reconstitution n. RECORDHOLDER
n. Person who holds a record.
n. Apparatus for reproducing sound from gramophone records.
v. (-ting) distribute again or differently. redistribution n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.