A renowned philosopher was held in high regard by his driver, who listened in awe at every speech while his boss would easily answer questions about morality and ethics.
Then one day the driver approached the philosopher and asked if he was willing to switch roles for the evening"s lecture.
The philosopher agreed and, for a while, the driver handled himself remarkably well.
When it came time for questions from the guests, a woman in the back asked,
"Is the epistemological view of the universe still valid in an existentialist world?"
"That is an extremely simple question," he responded. "So simple, in fact, that even my driver could answer that, which is exactly what he will do."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
abbr. Premenstrual syndrome.
abbr. Premenstrual tension.
—n. Long seed-vessel, esp. Of a pea or bean. —v. (-dd-) 1 bear or form pods.
- remove (peas etc.) From pods. [origin unknown] POM
n. Austral. & nz slang offens. = *pommy. [abbreviation]
- art n. Art based on modern popular culture and the mass media. - culture n. Commercial culture based on popular taste. - —n. - sudden sharp explosive sound as of a cork when drawn. - colloq. Effervescent drink. —v. (-pp-) 1 (cause to) make a pop. - (foll. By in, out, up, etc.) Go, move, come, or put unexpectedly or abruptly (pop out to the shop). - slang pawn. —adv. With the sound of a pop (go pop). pop off colloq. Die. Pop the question colloq. Propose marriage. [imitative] - n. Colloq. - (in full pop music) highly successful commercial music, esp. Since the 1950s. - (attrib.) Of or relating to pop music (pop concert, group, song). - pop record or song (top of the pops). [abbreviation] - n. Esp. Us colloq. Father. [from *papa] POT
luck n. Whatever is available.
- plant n. Plant grown in a flowerpot. - roast n. Piece of meat cooked slowly in a covered dish. pot-roast v. - —n. - rounded ceramic, metal, or glass vessel for holding liquids or solids or for cooking in. - flowerpot, teapot, etc. - contents of a pot. - chamber-pot; child's potty. - total amount bet in a game etc. - (usu. In pl.) Colloq. Large sum (pots of money). - slang silver cup etc. As a trophy. —v. (-tt-) 1 place in a pot. - (usu. As potted adj.) Preserve in a sealed pot (potted shrimps). - pocket (a ball) in billiards etc. - abridge or epitomize. - shoot at, hit, or kill (an animal) with a pot-shot. - seize or secure. go to pot colloq. Deteriorate; be ruined. potful n. (pl. -s). [old english from latin] - n. Slang marijuana. [mexican spanish potiguaya] POW
abbr. Prisoner of war.
- int. Expressing the sound of a blow or explosion. [imitative] POX
n. - virus disease leaving pock-marks.
- colloq. = *syphilis. [alteration of pocks pl. Of *pock] PPM
abbr. Parts per million.
abbr. - parliamentary private secretary.
- additional postscript. [sense 2 from post-postscript]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The placement of a donkey"s eyes in its" heads enables it to see all four feet at all times.