One night a father sent his kid to bed. Five minutes later the boy screamed, “Dad! Can you get me a glass of water!?!”
“No. You had your chance.”
A minute later the boy screamed, “Dad!! Can you get me a glass of water?”
“No. You had your chance. Next time you ask I’ll come up there and spank you.”
“Dad! When you come up to spank me can you bring me a glass of water?”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
green adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) bright green.
- n. - a hardy climbing plant with edible seeds growing in pods. B its seed. - similar plant (sweet pea; chick-pea). [from *pease taken as a plural] PEE
colloq. —v. (pees, peed) urinate. —n. - act of urinating.
- urine. [from *piss] PEG
—n. - pin or bolt of wood, metal, etc., for holding things together, hanging garments on, holding up a tent, etc.
- each of the pins used to tighten or loosen the strings of a violin etc. - pin for marking position, e.g. On a cribbage-board. - = *clothes-peg. - occasion or pretext (peg to hang an argument on). - drink, esp. Of spirits. —v. (-gg-) 1 (usu. Foll. By down, in, out, etc.) Fix (a thing) with a peg. - stabilize (prices, wages, etc.). - mark (the score) with pegs on a cribbage-board. off the peg (of clothes) ready-made. Peg away (often foll. By at) work consistently. Peg out 1 slang die. - mark the boundaries of. Square peg in a round hole misfit. Take a person down a peg or two humble a person. [probably low german or dutch] PEN
—n. - instrument for writing etc. With ink.
- (the pen) occupation of writing. —v. (-nn-) write. [latin penna feather] - —n. Small enclosure for cows, sheep, poultry, etc. —v. (-nn-) (often foll. By in, up) enclose or shut up, esp. In a pen. [old english] - n. Female swan. [origin unknown] PEP
abbr. Personal equity plan.
- colloq. —n. Vigour; spirit. —v. (-pp-) (usu. Foll. By up) fill with vigour. [abbreviation of *pepper] - pill n. Pill containing a stimulant drug. - talk n. (usu. Short) talk intended to enthuse, encourage, etc. PER
annum adv. For each year. [latin]
- capita adv. & adj. (also per caput) for each person. [latin, = by heads] - cent (us percent) —adv. In every hundred. —n. - percentage. - one part in every hundred (half a per cent). - prefix 1 through; all over (pervade). - completely; very (perturb). - to destruction; to the bad (perdition; pervert). [latin per-: related to *per] - prep. - for each (two sweets per child; five miles per hour). - by means of; by; through (per post). - (in full as per) in accordance with (as per instructions). as per usual colloq. As usual. [latin] - pro. Abbr. Through the agency of (used in signatures). [latin per procurationem] - se adv. By or in itself; intrinsically. [latin] PET
shop n. Shop selling animals to be kept as pets.
- —n. - domestic or tamed animal kept for pleasure or companionship. - darling, favourite. —attrib. Adj. - kept as a pet (pet lamb). - of or for pet animals (pet food). - often joc. Favourite or particular (pet hate). - expressing fondness or familiarity (pet name). —v. (-tt-) 1 fondle erotically. - treat as a pet; stroke, pat. [origin unknown] - n. Fit of ill-humour. [origin unknown] PEW
n. - (in a church) long bench with a back; enclosed compartment.
- colloq. Seat (esp. Take a pew). [latin *podium] PHD
Abbr. Doctor of philosophy. [latin philosophiae doctor]
n. Twenty-first letter of the greek alphabet (f, f). [greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The pet ferret was domesticated more than 500 years before the house cat.