- I love you. I love you. Won"t you be my wife?
- You must see mama first.
- I have seen her several times, but I love you just the same.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: P
Found: 2422 results
green adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) bright green.
- n. - a hardy climbing plant with edible seeds growing in pods. B its seed.
- similar plant (sweet pea; chick-pea). [from *pease taken as a plural]
colloq. —v. (pees, peed) urinate. —n. - act of urinating.
- urine. [from *piss]
—n. - pin or bolt of wood, metal, etc., for holding things together, hanging garments on, holding up a tent, etc.
- each of the pins used to tighten or loosen the strings of a violin etc.
- pin for marking position, e.g. On a cribbage-board.
- = *clothes-peg.
- occasion or pretext (peg to hang an argument on).
- drink, esp. Of spirits. —v. (-gg-) 1 (usu. Foll. By down, in, out, etc.) Fix (a thing) with a peg.
- stabilize (prices, wages, etc.).
- mark (the score) with pegs on a cribbage-board. off the peg (of clothes) ready-made. Peg away (often foll. By at) work consistently. Peg out 1 slang die.
- mark the boundaries of. Square peg in a round hole misfit. Take a person down a peg or two humble a person. [probably low german or dutch]
—n. - instrument for writing etc. With ink.
- (the pen) occupation of writing. —v. (-nn-) write. [latin penna feather]
- —n. Small enclosure for cows, sheep, poultry, etc. —v. (-nn-) (often foll. By in, up) enclose or shut up, esp. In a pen. [old english]
- n. Female swan. [origin unknown]
abbr. Personal equity plan.
- colloq. —n. Vigour; spirit. —v. (-pp-) (usu. Foll. By up) fill with vigour. [abbreviation of *pepper]
- pill n. Pill containing a stimulant drug.
- talk n. (usu. Short) talk intended to enthuse, encourage, etc.
annum adv. For each year. [latin]
- capita adv. & adj. (also per caput) for each person. [latin, = by heads]
- cent (us percent) —adv. In every hundred. —n. - percentage.
- one part in every hundred (half a per cent).
- prefix 1 through; all over (pervade).
- completely; very (perturb).
- to destruction; to the bad (perdition; pervert). [latin per-: related to *per]
- prep. - for each (two sweets per child; five miles per hour).
- by means of; by; through (per post).
- (in full as per) in accordance with (as per instructions). as per usual colloq. As usual. [latin]
- pro. Abbr. Through the agency of (used in signatures). [latin per procurationem]
- se adv. By or in itself; intrinsically. [latin]
shop n. Shop selling animals to be kept as pets.
- —n. - domestic or tamed animal kept for pleasure or companionship.
- darling, favourite. —attrib. Adj. - kept as a pet (pet lamb).
- of or for pet animals (pet food).
- often joc. Favourite or particular (pet hate).
- expressing fondness or familiarity (pet name). —v. (-tt-) 1 fondle erotically.
- treat as a pet; stroke, pat. [origin unknown]
- n. Fit of ill-humour. [origin unknown]
n. - (in a church) long bench with a back; enclosed compartment.
- colloq. Seat (esp. Take a pew). [latin *podium]
Abbr. Doctor of philosophy. [latin philosophiae doctor]
n. Twenty-first letter of the greek alphabet (f, f). [greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The erect penis of a blue whale is approximately 9.5 feet long.