It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
abbr. - post office.
- postal order. - petty officer. - pilot officer. - n. (pl. -s) colloq. Chamber-pot. [from *pot1] - symb. Polonium. PP
Abbr. (also pp) per pro.
- Abbr. Pages. - abbr. Pianissimo. PR
- abbr. - public relations. - proportional representation. - symb. Praseodymium. PS
abbr. - part.
- pint. - point. - naut. Port. - abbr. Physical training. - symb. Platinum. PU
—n. - thick piece of soft material used to protect, fill out hollows, hold or absorb liquid, etc.
- sheets of blank paper fastened together at one edge, for writing or drawing on. - fleshy underpart of an animal's foot or of a human finger. - guard for the leg and ankle in sports. - flat surface for helicopter take-off or rocket-launching. - slang lodgings, flat, etc. - floating leaf of a water lily. —v. (-dd-) 1 provide with a pad or padding; stuff. - (foll. By out) lengthen or fill out (a book etc.) With unnecessary material. [probably low german or dutch] - —v. (-dd-) 1 walk with a soft dull steady step. - travel, or tramp along (a road etc.), on foot. —n. Sound of soft steady steps. [low german pad *path] PAH
int. Expressing disgust or contempt. [natural exclamation]
—n. Colloq. Friend, mate, comrade. —v. (-ll-) (usu. Foll. By up) associate; form a friendship. [romany]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".