- Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?
- Yes, of course.
- Great! I never could before!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: P
Found: 2422 results
n. Agreement; treaty. [latin pactum]
—n. - a leaf of a book, periodical, etc. B each side of this. C what is written or printed on this.
- episode; memorable event. —v. (-ging) paginate. [latin pagina]
- —n. - liveried boy or man employed to run errands, attend to a door, etc.
- boy as a personal attendant of a bride etc. —v. (-ging) 1 (in hotels, airports, etc.) Summon, esp. By making an announcement.
- summon by pager. [french]
past and past part. Of *pay.
n. - bucket.
- amount contained in this. pailful n. (pl. -s). [old english]
—n. - any unpleasant bodily sensation produced by illness, accident, etc.
- mental suffering.
- (also pain in the neck or arse) colloq. Troublesome person or thing; nuisance. —v. - cause pain to.
- (as pained adj.) Expressing pain (pained expression). be at (or take) pains take great care. In pain suffering pain.
of scales n. Simple balance.
- —n. - set of two people or things used together or regarded as a unit.
- article (e.g. Scissors, trousers, or pyjamas) consisting of two joined or corresponding parts.
- a engaged or married couple. B mated couple of animals.
- two horses harnessed side by side (coach and pair).
- member of a pair in relation to the other (cannot find its pair).
- two playing-cards of the same denomination.
- either or both of two mps etc. On opposite sides agreeing not to vote on certain occasions. —v. - (often foll. By off) arrange or be arranged in couples.
- a join or be joined in marriage. B (of animals) mate. [latin paria: related to *par]
n. (pl. -s) slang offens. Pakistani. [abbreviation]
—adj. - (of a person, colour, or complexion) light or faint; whitish, ashen.
- of faint lustre; dim. —v. (-ling) 1 grow or make pale.
- (often foll. By before, beside) seem feeble in comparison (with). palely adv. Paleness n. Palish adj. [latin pallidus]
- n. - pointed piece of wood for fencing etc.; stake.
- boundary. beyond the pale outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour. [latin palus]
n. - cloth spread over a coffin etc.
- shoulder-band with pendants, worn as an ecclesiastical vestment and sign of authority.
- dark covering (pall of darkness). [latin pallium cloak]
- v. (often foll. By on) become uninteresting (to). [from *appal]
oil n. Oil from various palms.
- sunday n. Sunday before easter, celebrating christ's entry into jerusalem.
- n. - (also palm-tree) (usu. Tropical) tree-like plant with no branches and a mass of large leaves at the top.
- leaf of this as a symbol of victory. [latin palma]
- —n. - inner surface of the hand between the wrist and fingers.
- part of a glove that covers this. —v. Conceal in the hand. palm off 1 (often foll. By on) impose fraudulently (on a person) (palmed my old car off on him).
- (often foll. By with) cause (a person) to accept unwillingly or unknowingly (palmed him off with my old car). [latin palma]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.