A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.
He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. Pastor said, “You need to join the Army of the Lord!”
My friend said, “I’m already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.”
Pastor questioned, “How come I don’t see you except at Christmas and Easter?”
He whispered back, “I’m in the Secret Service.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Four-wheeled conveyance for a baby, pushed by a person on foot. [abbreviation of *perambulator]
n. Slang 1 fool.
- buttocks. [origin unknown] PRAY
v. (often foll. By for or to + infin. Or that + clause) 1 say prayers; make devout supplication.
- a entreat. B ask earnestly (prayed to be released). - (as imper.) Archaic please (pray tell me). [latin precor] PREP
n. Colloq. - homework, esp. In boarding-schools.
- period when this is done. [abbreviation of *preparation] PRES
—n. - animal that is hunted or killed by another for food.
- (often foll. By to) person or thing that is influenced by or vulnerable to (something undesirable) (prey to morbid fears). —v. (foll. By on, upon) 1 seek or take as prey. - (of a disease, emotion, etc.) Exert a harmful influence (it preyed on his mind). [latin praeda] PRIG
n. Self-righteous or moralistic person. priggish adj. Priggishness n. [origin unknown]
adj. (primmer, primmest) stiffly formal and precise; prudish. primly adv. Primness n. [french: related to *prime1]
—v. (-dd-) 1 poke with a finger, stick, etc.
- stimulate to action. - (foll. By at) make a prodding motion. —n. - poke, thrust. - stimulus to action. [origin unknown] PROF
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.