At a local coffee bar, a young woman was expounding on her idea of the perfect mate to some of her friends.
"The man I marry must be a shining light amongst company. He must be musical. Tell jokes. Sing. And stay home at night!"
An old granny overheard and spoke up, "Honey, if that"s all you want, get a TV!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
stations n.pl. Colloq. State of emergency.
- —n. - sudden uncontrollable fear. - infectious fright, esp. In commercial dealings. —v. (-ck-) (often foll. By into) affect or be affected with panic (was panicked into buying). panicky adj. [greek pan, rural god] PANSY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 cultivated plant with flowers of various rich colours.
- colloq. Offens. A effeminate man. B male homosexual. [french pensee thought, pansy] PANTO
n. (pl. -s) colloq. = *pantomime 1. [abbreviation]
n.pl. - underpants or knickers.
- us trousers. bore (or scare etc.) The pants off colloq. Bore, scare, etc., greatly. With one's pants down colloq. In an embarrassingly unprepared state. [abbreviation of *pantaloons] PAPAL
adj. Of a pope or the papacy. [medieval latin: related to *pope]
var. Of *pawpaw.
money n. Banknotes.
- round n. - job of regularly delivering newspapers. - route for this. - tiger n. Apparently threatening, but ineffectual, person or thing. - —n. - material made in thin sheets from the pulp of wood etc., used for writing, drawing, or printing on, or as wrapping material etc. - (attrib.) A made of or using paper. B flimsy like paper. - = *newspaper. - a printed document. B (in pl.) Identification etc. Documents. PARCH
v. - make or become hot and dry.
- roast (peas, corn, etc.) Slightly. [origin unknown] PARKA
n. - long usu. Green anorak with fur round the hood.
- hooded skin jacket worn by eskimos. [aleutian] PARKY
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. Or dial. Chilly. [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A chameleon"s tongue is twice the length of its body.