A speeding motorist was caught by radar from a police helicopter in the sky.
An officer pulled him over and began to issue a traffic ticket.
"How did you know I was speeding?" the frustrated driver asked.
The police officer pointed somberly toward the sky.
"You mean," asked the motorist, "that even He is against me?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Colloq. - = *promenade n. 1.
- = *promenade concert. [abbreviation] PROP
—n. - rigid, esp. Separate, support.
- person or thing that supports, comforts, etc. —v. (-pp-) (often foll. By against, up, etc.) Support with or as if with a prop. [low german or dutch] - n. Colloq. = *property 3. [abbreviation] - n. Colloq. Propeller. [abbreviation] PROS
and cons n.pl. Reasons or considerations for and against a proposition etc.
n. - fore-part or bow of a ship.
- pointed or projecting front part. [french proue from greek proira] PROX
int. (also pst) whispered exclamation to attract a person's attention. [imitative]
adj. & n. Dark red or purple-brown. [latin pulex flea]
n. Rubber disc used as a ball in ice hockey. [origin unknown]
- n. Mischievous or evil sprite. puckish adj. Puckishly adv. Puckishness n. [old english] PUFF
pastry n. Leaved pastry made light and flaky by rolling and folding the dough many times.
- —n. - a short quick blast of breath or wind. B sound of or like this. C small quantity of vapour, smoke, etc., emitted in one blast (puff of smoke). - light pastry cake containing jam, cream, etc. - gathered material in a dress etc. (puff sleeve). - extravagantly enthusiastic review, advertisement, etc., esp. In a newspaper. - = *powder-puff. —v. - emit a puff of air or breath; blow with short blasts. - (usu. Foll. By away, out, etc.) Emit or move with puffs (puffing away at his cigar; train puffed out). - (usu. In passive; often foll. By out) colloq. Put out of breath (arrived puffed). - breathe hard; pant. - (usu. Foll. By up, out) inflate; swell (his eye was puffed up). - (usu. Foll. By out, up, away) blow or emit (dust, smoke, etc.) With a puff. - smoke (a pipe etc.) In puffs. - (usu. As puffed up adj.) Elate; make proud or boastful. - advertise or promote with exaggerated or false praise. puff up = sense 8 of v. [imitative] PUKE
v. & n. (-king) slang vomit. pukey adj. [imitative]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.