The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Flesh (esp. Unsalted) of a pig, used as food. [latin porcus pig]
- pie n. Pie of minced pork etc. Eaten cold. - pie hat n. Hat with a flat crown and a brim turned up all round. PORN
(also porno) —n. Colloq. Pornography. —attrib. Adj. Pornographic. [abbreviation]
of call n. Place where a ship or a person stops on a journey.
- n. - harbour. - town possessing a harbour. [latin portus] - n. A kind of sweet fortified wine. [oporto in portugal] - —n. Left-hand side of a ship or aircraft looking forward. —v. (also absol.) Turn (the helm) to port. [probably originally the side turned to *port1] - n. - opening in the side of a ship for entrance, loading, etc. - porthole. [latin porta gate] POSE
—v. (-sing) 1 assume a certain attitude of the body, esp. When being photographed or painted.
- (foll. By as) pretend to be (another person etc.) (posing as a celebrity). - behave affectedly to impress others. - put forward or present (a question etc.). - place (an artist's model etc.) In a certain attitude. —n. - attitude of body or mind. - affectation, pretence. [latin pauso *pause, confused with latin pono place] POSH
colloq. —adj. Smart; upper-class. —adv. In an upper-class way (talk posh). posh up smarten up. poshly adv. Poshness n. [perhaps from slang posh a dandy, money]
office n. - public department or corporation responsible for postal services.
- (post office) room or building where postal business is carried on. - prefix after, behind. [latin post (adv. And prep.)] - —n. - long stout piece of timber or metal set upright in the ground etc. To support something, mark a position or boundary, etc. - pole etc. Marking the start or finish of a race. —v. - (often foll. By up) attach (a notice etc.) In a prominent place. - announce or advertise by poster or list. [latin postis] - —n. - official conveyance of parcels, letters, etc. (send it by post). - single collection or delivery of these; the letters etc. Dispatched (has the post arrived?). - place where letters etc. Are collected (take it to the post). —v. - put (a letter etc.) In the post. - (esp. As posted adj.) (often foll. By up) supply with information (keep me posted). - a enter (an item) in a ledger. B (often foll. By up) complete (a ledger) in this way. [latin: related to *position] - —n. - official conveyance of parcels, letters, etc. (send it by post). - single collection or delivery of these; the letters etc. Dispatched (has the post arrived?). - place where letters etc. - —n. - place where a soldier is stationed or which he or she patrols. - place of duty. - a position taken up by a body of soldiers. B force occupying this. C fort. - job, paid employment. - = *trading post. —v. - place (soldiers, an employee, etc.). - appoint to a post or command. [french: related to *post2] POSY
n. (pl. -ies) small bunch of flowers. [alteration of *poesy]
v. - (usu. Foll. By down, out, over, etc.) Flow or cause to flow esp. Downwards in a stream or shower.
- dispense (a drink) by pouring. - rain heavily. - (usu. Foll. By in, out, etc.) Come or go in profusion or rapid succession (the crowd poured out; letters poured in). - discharge or send freely. - (often foll. By out) utter at length or in a rush (poured out their story). [origin unknown] POUT
—v. - push the lips forward as a sign of displeasure or sulking.
- (of the lips) be pushed forward. —n. This action. [origin unknown] POXY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 infected by pox.
- slang of poor quality; worthless.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Reindeer like to eat bananas.