A tough old cowboy told his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning. The grandson did this religiously, and lived to the age of 93.
When he died he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren… and a 15-foot hole in the wall of the crematorium.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
mus. —adv. & adj. In a smooth flowing manner. —n. (pl. -s) 1 legato passage.
- legato playing. [italian, = bound, from ligo bind] LEGBYE
n. Cricket run scored from a ball that touches the batsman.
n. - a traditional story; myth. B these collectively.
- colloq. Famous or remarkable event or person. - inscription. - explanation on a map etc. Of symbols used. [latin legenda what is to be read] LEGION
—n. - division of 3,000–6,000 men in the ancient roman army.
- large organized body. —predic. Adj. Great in number (his good works were legion). [latin legio -onis] LEGUME
n. - leguminous plant.
- edible part of a leguminous plant. [latin legumen -minis from lego pick, because pickable by hand] LENGTH
n. - measurement or extent from end to end.
- extent in or of time. - distance a thing extends. - length of a horse, boat, etc., as a measure of the lead in a race. - long stretch or extent. - degree of thoroughness in action (went to great lengths). - piece of a certain length (length of cloth). - prosody quantity of a vowel or syllable. - cricket a distance from the batsman at which the ball pitches. B proper amount of this. 10 length of a swimming-pool as a measure of distance swum. at length 1 in detail. - after a long time. [old english: related to *long1] LENTIL
n. - pea-like plant.
- its seed, esp. Used as food. [latin lens] LESION
n. - damage.
- injury. - morbid change in the functioning or texture of an organ etc. [latin laedo laes- injure] LESSEE
n. (often foll. By of) person holding a property by lease. [french: related to *lease]
v. Make or become less, diminish.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.