Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. Clear, transparent. limpidity n. [latin]
n. - number of lines in printed or written matter.
- payment by the line. LINDEN
n. Lime-tree. [old english lind(e)]
adj. - in the direct line of descent or ancestry.
- linear. lineally adv. LINEAR
adj. - of or in lines.
- long and narrow and of uniform breadth. linearity n. Linearly adv. - b n. Form of bronze age writing found in greece: an earlier undeciphered form (linear a) also exists. LINEUP
n. - line of people for inspection.
- arrangement of persons in a team, band, etc. LINGER
v. - stay about.
- (foll. By over, on, etc.) Dally (linger over dinner; lingered on the final note). - (esp. Of an illness) be protracted. - (often foll. By on) be slow in dying. [old english lengan: related to *long1] LINGUA
franca n. (pl. Lingua francas) 1 language used in common by speakers with different native languages.
- system for mutual understanding. [italian, = frankish tongue] LINING
n. Material which lines a surface etc.
n. Act or result of linking up.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.