An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -nae) thin plate or scale. laminar adj. [latin]
n. (in full lammas day) first day of august, formerly kept as harvest festival. [old english: related to *loaf1, *mass2]
n. - hist. Soldier of a cavalry regiment armed with lances.
- (in pl.) A quadrille. B music for this. LANCET
arch n. (also lancet light or window) narrow arch or window with a pointed head.
- n. Small broad two-edged surgical knife with a sharp point. LANDAU
n. Four-wheeled enclosed carriage with a divided top. [landau in germany]
adj. - owning land.
- consisting of land. LAPDOG
n. Small pet dog.
n. - small flap or fold of a garment etc.
- hanging piece of flesh. [from *lap1] LAPTOP
n. (often attrib.) Portable microcomputer suitable for use while travelling.
n. Room or large cupboard for storing food.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.