A little boy comes home with his mother from a trip down town. Above his head he has a big bunch of balloons.
- Why do you need so many? - Asks his father. - Did not your mother and I teach you that you should save your money?
- I did not spend any! Its just that every time Mummy bought something the salesperson gave me a free balloon.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—v. - speak to or treat with scornful abuse.
- offend the self-respect or modesty of. —n. Insulting remark or action. insulting adj. Insultingly adv. [latin insulto leap on, assail] INSURE
v. (-ring) (often foll. By against; also absol.) Secure compensation in the event of loss or damage to (property, life, a person, etc.) By advance regular payments. [var. Of *ensure]
adj. - undamaged; entire.
- untouched. intactness n. [latin tango tact- touch] INTAKE
n. - action of taking in.
- a number (of people etc.), or amount, taken in or received. B such people etc. (this year's intake). - place where water is taken into a pipe, or fuel or air enters an engine etc. INTEND
v. - have as one's purpose (we intend to go; we intend going).
- (usu. Foll. By for, as) design or destine (a person or a thing) (i intend him to go; i intend it as a warning). [latin tendo stretch] INTENT
—n. Intention; purpose (with intent to defraud). —adj. - (usu. Foll. By on) a resolved, determined. B attentively occupied.
- (esp. Of a look) earnest; eager. to all intents and purposes practically; virtually. intently adv. Intentness n. [latin intentus] INTERN
—n. (also interne) esp. Us = *houseman. —v. Oblige (a prisoner, alien, etc.) To reside within prescribed limits. internment n. [french: related to *internal]
v. (-ning) 1 recite (prayers etc.) With prolonged sounds, esp. In a monotone.
- utter with a particular tone. [medieval latin: related to *in-2] INTRAY
n. Tray for incoming documents.
v. (-ding) (often absol.) 1 enter (a country etc.) Under arms to control or subdue it.
- swarm into. - (of a disease) attack. - encroach upon (a person's rights, esp. Privacy). invader n. [latin vado vas- go]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.