Little Johnny and his family lived in the country, and as a result seldom had guests. He was eager to help his mother after his father appeared with two dinner guests from the office. When the dinner was nearly over, Little Johnny went to the kitchen and proudly carried in the first piece of apple pie, giving it to his father who passed it to a guest.
Little Johnny came in with a second piece of pie and gave it to his father, who again gave it to a guest.
This was too much for Little Johnny, who said, "It"s no use, Dad. The pieces are all the same size."
n. Art technique of laying on paint thickly. [italian]
v. - charge with a crime against the state, esp. Treason.
- us charge (a public official) with misconduct.
- call in question, disparage. impeachable adj. Impeachment n. [french empecher from latin pedica fetter]
v. (-ll-; us -l-) endanger.
n. - force with which a body moves.
- driving force or impulse. [latin impeto assail]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 lack of piety or reverence.
- act etc. Showing this.
v. (-ging) (usu. Foll. By on, upon) 1 make an impact or effect.
- encroach. impingement n. [latin pango pact- fix]
adj. - not pious.
- wicked, profane.
—v. - (often foll. By in) insert or fix.
- (often foll. By in) instil (an idea etc.) In a person's mind.
- a insert (tissue etc.) In a living body. B (in passive) (of a fertilized ovum) become attached to the wall of the womb. —n. Thing implanted, esp. A piece of tissue. implantation n. [latin: related to *plant]
v. (-ding) (cause to) burst inwards. implosion n. [from *in-2: cf. *explode]