- Ahmed al-Rhazib.
- Three to five times a week.
- No, no… I mean male or female?
- Male, female, sometimes camel.
- Holy cow!
- Yes, cow, sheep, animals in general.
- But isn’t that hostile?
- Horse style, doggy style, any style!
- Oh dear!
- No, no! Deer run too fast.
- a (in christian belief) the unmerited favour of god. B state of receiving this.
- goodwill, favour.
- delay granted as a favour (a year's grace).
- short thanksgiving before or after a meal.
- (grace) (in greek mythology) each of three beautiful sister goddesses, bestowers of beauty and charm.
- (grace) (prec. By his, her, your) forms of description or address for a duke, duchess, or archbishop. —v. (-cing) (often foll. By with) add grace to; confer honour on (graced us with his presence). with good (or bad) grace as if willingly (or reluctantly). [latin gratia]
—n. - a certain degree in rank, merit, proficiency, etc. B class of persons or things of the same grade.
- mark indicating the quality of a student's work.
- us class in school.
- gradient, slope. —v. (-ding) 1 arrange in grades.
- (foll. By up, down, off, into, etc.) Pass gradually between grades, or into a grade.
- give a grade to (a student).
- reduce (a road etc.) To easy gradients. [latin gradus step]
—n. - bot. A shoot or scion inserted into a slit of stock, from which it receives sap. B place where a graft is inserted.
- surgery piece of living tissue, organ, etc., transplanted surgically.
- slang hard work. —v. - (often foll. By into, on, together, etc.) Insert (a scion) as a graft.
- transplant (living tissue).
- (foll. By in, on) insert or fix (a thing) permanently to another.
- slang work hard. [greek graphion stylus]
- colloq. —n. - practices, esp. Bribery, used to secure illicit gains in politics or business.
- such gains. —v. Seek or make such gains. [origin unknown]
n. (in full holy grail) (in medieval legend) cup or platter used by christ at the last supper. [medieval latin gradalis dish]
—n. - fruit or seed of a cereal.
- (collect.) Wheat or any allied grass used as food; corn.
- small hard particle of salt, sand, etc.
- unit of weight, 0.0648 gram.
- smallest possible quantity (not a grain of truth in it).
- roughness of surface.
- texture of skin, wood, stone, etc.
- a pattern of lines of fibre in wood or paper. B lamination in stone etc. —v. - paint in imitation of the grain of wood etc.
- give a granular surface to.
- form into grains. against the grain contrary to one's natural inclination or feeling. grainy adj. (-ier, -iest). [latin granum]
jury n. Esp. Us jury selected to examine the validity of an accusation prior to trial.
- mal n. Serious form of epilepsy with loss of consciousness. [french, = great sickness]
- master n. Chess-player of the highest class.
- national n. Steeplechase held annually at aintree, liverpool.
- opera n. Opera on a serious theme, or in which the entire libretto (including dialogue) is sung.
- piano n. Large full-toned piano with horizontal strings.
- prix n. Any of several important international motor or motor-cycle racing events. [french, = great or chief prize]
- slam n. - sport winning of all of a group of matches etc.