Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. Genii) (in arabian tales) spirit or goblin with magical powers. [french genie *genius: cf. *jinnee]
n. - kind or style of art etc.
- painting of scenes from ordinary life. [french: related to *gender] GENUS
n. (pl. Genera) 1 taxonomic category of animals or plants with common structural characteristics, usu. Containing several species.
- (in logic) kind of things including subordinate kinds or species. - colloq. Kind, class. [latin genus -eris] GEODE
n. - cavity lined with crystals.
- rock containing this. [greek geodes earthy] GESSO
n. (pl. -es) gypsum as used in painting or sculpture. [italian: related to *gypsum]
n. Colloq. Style or arrangement of dress etc.
town n. Town with few or no remaining inhabitants.
- train n. (at a funfair) open-topped miniature railway in which the rider experiences ghoulish sights, sounds, etc. - —n. - supposed apparition of a dead person or animal; disembodied spirit. - shadow or semblance (not a ghost of a chance). - secondary image in a defective telescope or television picture. —v. (often foll. By for) act as ghost-writer of (a work). ghostliness n. Ghostly adj. (-ier, -iest). [old english] GHOUL
n. - person morbidly interested in death etc.
- evil spirit or phantom. - spirit in muslim folklore preying on corpses. ghoulish adj. Ghoulishly adv. [arabic] GHYLL
var. Of *gill3.
—n. - (fem. Giantess) imaginary or mythical being of human form but superhuman size.
- person or thing of great size, ability, courage, etc. —attrib. Adj. - gigantic. - of a very large kind. [greek gigas gigant-]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.