Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying "DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG!" posted on the glass door.
Inside he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
He asked the store manager,
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"
"Yep, that"s him," he replied.
The stranger couldn"t help but be amused.
"That certainly doesn"t look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
"Because," the owner replied, "before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - a capacity to feel; sense of touch (lost all feeling). B physical sensation.
- a (often foll. By of) emotional reaction (feeling of despair). B (in pl.) Emotional susceptibilities (hurt my feelings). - particular sensitivity (feeling for literature). - a opinion or notion (had a feeling she would). B general sentiment. - sympathy or compassion. - emotional sensibility or intensity (played with feeling). —adj. Sensitive, sympathetic; heartfelt. feelingly adv. FELSPAR
var. Of *feldspar.
n. Small mediterranean coasting vessel with oars and/or sails. [arabic fulk]
n. - set of, or material for, fences.
- sword-fighting, esp. As a sport. FERMENT
—n. - excitement, unrest.
- a fermentation. B fermenting-agent. —v. - undergo or subject to fermentation. - excite; stir up. [latin fermentum: related to *fervent] FERMIUM
n. Transuranic artificial radioactive metallic element. [fermi, name of a physicist]
adj. - containing iron.
- containing iron in a divalent form. FERRULE
n. (also ferrel) 1 ring or cap on the lower end of a stick, umbrella, etc.
- band strengthening or forming a joint. [latin viriae bracelet] FERTILE
adj. - a (of soil) abundantly productive. B fruitful.
- a (of a seed, egg, etc.) Capable of growth. B (of animals and plants) able to reproduce. - (of the mind) inventive. - (of nuclear material) able to become fissile by the capture of neutrons. fertility n. [french from latin] FERVENT
adj. Ardent, intense (fervent admirer). fervency n. Fervently adv. [latin ferveo boil]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The placement of a donkey"s eyes in its" heads enables it to see all four feet at all times.