A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Coarse slang bungle or muddle.
—v. (-ling) confuse or stupefy, esp. With alcohol. —n. - confusion.
- intoxication. [origin unknown] FUHRER
n. (also fuehrer) tyrannical leader. [german]
v. (us fulfill) (-ll-) 1 carry out (a task, prophecy, promise, etc.).
- a satisfy (conditions, a desire, prayer, etc.). B (as fulfilled adj.) Completely happy. - answer (a purpose). fulfil oneself realize one's potential. fulfilment n. [old english: related to *full1, *fill] FULLER
n. Person who fulls cloth. fuller's earth type of clay used in fulling. [latin fullo]
n. Arctic sea bird related to the petrel. [old norse: related to *foul, mar gull]
—v. (-ling) 1 use the hands awkwardly, grope about.
- handle clumsily or nervously (fumbled the ball). —n. Act of fumbling. [low german fummeln] FUNGUS
n. (pl. -gi or -guses) 1 mushroom, toadstool, or allied plant, including moulds, feeding on organic matter.
- med. Spongy morbid growth. fungal adj. Fungous adj. [latin] FUNNEL
—n. - tube widening at the top, for pouring liquid etc. Into a small opening.
- metal chimney on a steam engine or steamship. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) guide or move through or as through a funnel. [provençal fonilh from latin (in)fundibulum] FURORE
n. (us furor) 1 uproar; fury.
- enthusiastic admiration. [latin: related to *fury]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A duck can"t walk without bobbing it"s head.