An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - central part of an amphitheatre etc.
- scene of conflict; sphere of action. [latin, = sand] ARENT
contr. - are not.
- (in interrog.) Am not (aren't i coming too?). ARETE
n. Sharp mountain ridge. [french from latin arista spine]
n. Inert gaseous element. [greek argos idle]
n. Jargon of a group or class. [french]
v. (-ues, -ued, -uing) 1 (often foll. By with, about, etc.) Exchange views forcefully or contentiously.
- (often foll. By that) maintain by reasoning; indicate. - (foll. By for, against) reason. - treat (a matter) by reasoning. - (foll. By into, out of) persuade. argue the toss colloq. Dispute a choice already made. arguable adj. Arguably adv. [latin arguo make clear, prove] - v. (-ues, -ued, -uing) 1 (often foll. By with, about, etc.) Exchange views forcefully or contentiously. - (often foll. By that) maintain by reasoning; indicate. - (foll. ARGUS
n. Watchful guardian. [greek argos mythical giant with 100 eyes]
n. (pl. Same) 1 constellation and first sign of the zodiac (the ram).
- person born when the sun is in this sign. [latin, = ram] ARISE
v. (-sing; past arose; past part. Arisen) 1 originate.
- (usu. Foll. By from, out of) result. - come to one's notice; emerge. - rise, esp. From the dead or from kneeling. [old english a- intensive prefix] ARMOR
(brit. Armour) —n. - protective usu. Metal covering formerly worn in fighting.
- a (in full armour-plate) protective metal covering for an armed vehicle, ship, etc. B armed vehicles collectively. - protective covering or shell of an animal or plant. - heraldic devices. —v. (usu. Asarmoured adj.) Provide with protective covering, and often guns (armoured car; armoured train). [latin armatura: related to *arm2]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.