- Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?
- Yes, of course.
- Great! I never could before!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: A
Found: 1651 results
predic. Adj. - level with the surface of, and just covered by, water.
- (foll. By with) overflowing, abounding.
adj. - colloq. Very bad or unpleasant (has awful writing; awful weather).
- (attrib.) As an intensifier (awful lot of money).
- poet. Inspiring awe.
past of *awake.
adj. Of, forming, or placed round an axis.
n. - established or accepted principle.
- self-evident truth. axiomatic adj. [greek axios worthy]
—n. - member of the native mexican people overthrown by the spanish in 1519.
- language of this people. —adj. Of the aztecs or their language. [nahuatl, = men of the north]
—n. - deep sky-blue colour.
- poet. Clear sky. —adj. Deep sky-blue. [arabic]
n. (pl. -cuses) 1 frame with wires along which beads are slid for calculating.
- archit. Flat slab on top of a capital. [latin from greek from hebrew]
n. (pl. -ies) office or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess. [latin: related to *abbot]
n. Head of a community of nuns.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.