Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: A
Found: 1651 results
cake n. Light sponge cake.
- n. - a attendant or messenger of god. B representation of this in human form with wings.
- virtuous or obliging person.
- slang financial backer of a play etc. [greek aggelos messenger]
—n. Extreme or passionate displeasure. —v. Make angry. [old norse angr grief]
n. (usu. In pl.) Member of a n. German tribe that settled in e. Britain in the 5th c. [latin anglus, from the name angul in germany]
- —n. - space between two meeting lines or surfaces, esp. As measured in degrees.
- point of view. —v. (-ling) 1 move or place obliquely.
- present (information) in a biased way. [latin angulus]
- v. (-ling) 1 fish with hook and line.
- (foll. By for) seek an objective indirectly (angled for a loan). angler n. [old english]
comb. Form 1 english.
- of english origin.
- english or british and. [latin: related to *angle]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 feeling, showing, or suggesting anger (angry sky).
- (of a wound etc.) Inflamed, painful. angrily adv.
n. Anxiety, neurotic fear; guilt, remorse. [german]
n. Negatively charged ion. anionic adj. [greek ana up, *ion]
n. Plant with aromatic seeds. [greek anison]
n. - joint connecting the foot with the leg.
- this part of the leg. [old norse]
v. - (often foll. By to) add as a subordinate part.
- incorporate (territory) into one's own.
- add as a condition or consequence.
- colloq. Take without right. annexation n. [latin necto bind]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The grizzly bear can run as fast as the average horse.