Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. - make minor alterations in to improve.
- correct an error in (a document etc.). [latin: related to *emend] AMINE
n. Compound formed from ammonia by replacement of one or more hydrogen atoms by an organic radical or radicals.
acid n. Biochem. Any of a group of nitrogenous organic acids occurring naturally in plant and animal tissues and forming the basic constituents of proteins. [from *amine, *acid]
—predic. Adj. Wrong, out of order. —adv. Wrong(ly), inappropriately (everything went amiss). take amiss be offended by. [old norse à mis so as to miss]
n. Friendship. [latin amicus friend]
prep. (also amongst) 1 surrounded by, with (lived among the trees; be among friends).
- included in (among us were dissidents). - in the category of (among his best works). - a between; shared by (divide it among you). B from the joint resources of (among us we can manage it). - with one another (talked among themselves). [old english, = in a crowd] AMOUR
n. (esp. Secret) love affair. [french, = love]
- propre n. Self-respect. [french] AMPLE
adj. (ampler, amplest) 1 a plentiful, abundant, extensive. B euphem. Large, stout.
- more than enough. amply adv. [latin amplus] AMUCK
var. Of *amok.
v. (-sing) 1 cause to laugh or smile.
- interest or occupy. amusing adj. [french a cause to, muser stare]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The starfish is one of the only animals who can turn it"s stomach inside-out.